This workshop is dedicated to US Public Sector only.
Date: April 21, 2022
Time: 9:00am - 12:00pm ET
Rapid iterations of DevOps, along with a host of new tools, can make an application security program seem like a square peg in a round hole as enterprises try to push Sec into the middle of DevOps. At the same time, modern applications rely on a more dynamic environment that can introduce new CyberSecurity challenges, particularly as they scale.
In this session, we will provide hands-on examples with you in the driver’s seat and explore:
- Details of exactly how to shift left, from both the developer’s perspective and the security team’s perspective, with workflows for each.
- Understand how vulnerabilities are found by the developer within their CI pipeline and actions to take
- See how early visibility can reduce your risk and eliminate effort to help you scale your app sec program.
- Automate and monitor your security policies.
- Security challenges of next gen software and steps you can take now.
- 9:00am: Introduction and welcome remarks
- 9:05am: Setting up the Lab projects, running a SAST Scan, creating an artifacts
- 9:35am: Review artifact results, adding container scanning, reviewing vulnerabilities in MR, run full scan project
- 10:35am: Running all the scanners in a project and reviewing vulnerabilities
- 11:10am: Manage and review vulnerabilities from the Group level for multiple projects
- 11:40am: Q&A and Closing
To participate in the workshop, you will need a laptop with the latest version of Google Chrome and Zoom installed. GitLab Workshops are intended to provide an introduction to GitLab topics with a hands-on approach. Workshops are not intended to replace training classes. Please be prepared to start promptly at the beginning of class, to maximize your experience and minimize disruption of other attendees.
Fill out the form to save your spot today!
At GitLab we aim to make our events accessible to everyone, regardless of disability or special needs. We vet all of our venues for accessibility. If you have a disability or special needs, please reach out to us at [email protected] and let us know and we will follow up with you pre-event. This information will be kept private and will be distributed only to the individuals who need it to complete your accommodation request.